Learn to Earn – REED Joins the 5 Percent Club
Learn to Earn: REED Joins the 5% Club
‘Learn to earn’ is an apt phrase for anyone joining REED (regardless of your background when starting with us) as you will be enrolled on industry-leading training to help you achieve your potential, receive rapid advancement opportunities and ultimately build an income that reflects your hard work and commitment.
Joining the 5% Club community means REED has demonstrated its commitment to the ‘ethos’ of earn and learn.
For REED to receive this accolade we had to demonstrate to the membership organisation that as a member of The 5% Club we are:
- Committed to helping the country’s growth agenda and acknowledge the importance of developing our people as both an employer and a social imperative.
- Playing our part in addressing youth unemployment and skills shortage.
- Pledging to work toward having a minimum 5% of our UK workforce enrolled on formalised apprentice, sponsored student and/or graduate development schemes within five years.
- Measuring and reporting on our progress annually against the above metric in our Corporate Responsibility section of our Annual Report and Accounts or equivalent document/website.
- Committed to encouraging other employers to participate in the campaign.
[As cited on 5percentclub.org.uk]
Apprenticeships for All
REED has always been committed to the Learning and Development of its staff. Over 40 years ago in 1972 Sir Alec Reed founded the Reed Business School as a dedicated learning centre for both external accountancy students and for Co-Members at REED to develop their skills.
Adapting to meet the needs of society, Reed Specialist Recruitment had its training certified so that as a business we could offer accredited qualifications in recruitment as part of our new Apprenticeship programme.
Opportunities for Students and Graduates
The Graduate Training Scheme at REED has been running for 22 years and continues to help transform ambitious university graduates into business leaders. Managing Directors for both Reed Specialist Recruitment and reed.co.uk have progressed to such positions from initial positions as graduate trainees.
In 2017/18 REED also introduced opportunities for undergraduate students to complete their Placement Year / Year in Industry with us either in operational roles on our Recruitment Placement programme or on a Technology Placement.
Testing the Water
REED even offers Internships for anyone wanting to experience life in a busy recruitment working environment.
Our main Internship is available for anyone who wishes to apply (provided you are eligible to work in the UK), while we also have a dedicated Internship for Ex-Military personnel looking to transition to the civilian workforce.
Are you looking to Earn and Learn?
If you wish to start your own career at REED, we welcome applications from everyone. Explore this site and the links above to help find the perfect role for you and apply today…
Not sure of the right route for you? Why not contact our Early Talent team.